Executive Director Job Opportunity
World Cup Dreams Foundation exists to Support, Protect and Inspire athletes. We have granted over $1,000,000 to athletes over the last 5 years. Founded by two US Ski Team athletes, Bryon Friedman and Erik Schlopy and run by another USST alumni, Scott Macartney, World Cup Dreams Foundation has always been run by athletes, for athletes. We believe that athletes should be laser focused on their careers, not fixated on financing them.
The task of Executive Director is to provide leadership to the Foundation, coordinate fundraising, engage donors and alumni, host events, and communicate with the Board while managing day-to-day operations. Creativity, ability to work independently and passion for winter sports is required.
Hours: Full time, salaried (including bonus structure)
Overview: To give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the
Organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about play as much as work; won't be afraid to put in long hours, but will be the first to disappear at lunch for a bike ride and/or ski . We're looking for someone who is self-driven, not awed by the professional athletes we work with, and loves the idea of supporting and nurturing the development of up and coming athletes.
Candidates must be able to arc a turn and ski waste deep pow, ride their bike up a steep mountain, or aspire to improve at the sports World Cup Dreams supports. Vision is key and fundraising experience is crucial. You must be ready to hit the ground running with a strong fundraising effort and get to know the athletes you will be working with.
- Oversees design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
- Establish strategies to approach donors, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Prudently manages organization's resources and budget. Recommends budget to be approved by the board, works to keep the foundation’s overhead expenses low.
- Community and Public Relations: Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Annual Salary: $40,000 plus bonus structure
Benefits: Phone service paid (Verizon), internet, other home office costs
- After overhead and salary costs of the foundation are covered (by non-directed funds raised), Ex. Director would be entitled to 15% of any additional funds raised.
- Create, Devise, and Manage Strategic Planning Process with guidance from the board
- Mission, Values, Vision, Yearly goals, and long term goals
- Identify, Create and Manage Revenue Streams
- Manage, attend, and speak at all Dinners and Events
- Online (leverage athlete database and sphere of influence)
- Find and engage Corporate Sponsorships
- Point of contact for donors, athletes, media, sponsors
- Misc. needs/guidance
- Handle all financial statements, accounts, and budgeting (operational, athlete directed, and other budgets)
- prudently manage the organization's resources, working toward making the foundation as efficient as possible.
- Coordinate tax and accounting with VAST, and CFO group
- Board Member Relations
- Continue to build the board
- Consistently communicate and update the board
- Start building Endowment (plan for the future)
- Follow policies and procedures manual (to be created by Scott) Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Manage and keep all accounts up to date
- Athlete specific account process
- General account process
- Additional specific or directed accounts
- Deposit checks into Wells Fargo, either online or in person
- Coordinate online fundraising and accounting
- PayPal or Stripe
- Square Readers
- Email promotions- MailChimp account updated, manage donor lists
- Website skills
- Learn and manage back end of WCDF website (coding not necessary)
- Update content, pictures and events.
- Coordinate/Organize events when necessary and attend “ALL” events
- Small dinners
- Other foundation events
- Manage social networking (update at least 1x per week)
- Facebook and Twitter (add posts, add photos, add videos)
- Organize annual strategic planning process, annual board meeting
- Provide monthly, then quarterly updates to the board (based upon strategic planning process and objectives)
- Re-establish Athlete Representatives
- Actively seek corporate sponsors and private donors
If you fit the role description or know somebody who does, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.